Quick Mold Facts
Mold spores are all around us always, but when presented with the right conditions mold can quickly turn into a disaster within your own home. That is why it pays to know as much about mold growth as possible. That way, if mold ever becomes an issue within your home you will recognize it quickly, and hopefully be able to put a stop to it before it causes extensive damage.
- There are over 10,000 species of mold.
- Only about 5 species are commonly found in homes.
- Mold’s purpose in our environment is to decompose organic matter, which is why mold loves growing in our homes (drywall, wood, fabric, insulation materials, etc.).
- Mold growth can signal an unknown water damage.
- Homeowner’s insurance may not cover mold damage, be sure to check in with your agent about what your policy covers before you have a mold problem.
- Mold restoration damage in homes around the United States costs approximately 73 billion dollars a year.
- Mold remediation services that we provide here at SERVPRO of North Garland are the only way to guarantee mold growth has been completely removed from your home.
If you suspect mold in your home call SERVPRO of North Garland now at 972-496-2441.