Restoration Process For A Toilet Backup
Nobody wants to have to deal with a water damage in their home or business, but this is especially true when that water damage is a result of a toilet backing up. When things in the bathroom go awry it can be overwhelming to figure out what your first step should be, but have no fear, SERVPRO is here to help. The following steps describe both what you should do in this situation, and what the restoration process looks like.
- When a toilet starts to overflow, the best and first thing you can do to protect your home is to turn the water off.
- Try to avoid the contaminated wet area as much as possible to prevent sewage from being tracked into any other rooms.
- Call your insurance agent and SERVPRO to begin your restoration process as much as possible.
- Highly trained SERVPRO professionals will tear out anything that may have been contaminated by the toilet water, including flooring, drywall, and ceilings.
- Once all infected materials have been removed, our professional’s will disinfect the area. The disinfectant chosen depends on the job and the equipment needed to clean the space.
- Finally, our crew will put in dehumidifiers and fans to remove any excess water that remains.
If you experience a water damage at your home, especially those that are created by a toilet or sewage backup call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime at 972-496-2441.