Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Our Biohazard Cleanup Services
Bio recovery refers to the cleanup and remediation of situations dealing with biological hazards. These types of events are ones that people hope they never have to deal with, but unfortunately crimes and trauma do happen and when they do SERVPRO of North Garland can help.
We have Certified Bio Recovery Technicians (CBRTs) on our staff, who have been specially trained in the cleanup of hazardous biological agents. Regardless of the scenario, our professionals are prepared to handle it. Any blood or other potentially infectious agents will be cleaned and disinfected, while any materials unable to be disinfected (particularly porous ones such as carpet) will be collected and disposed of in specific ways to prevent cross contamination. Using specialized equipment for disinfection and protection, along with their knowledge of blood borne pathogens and potential for cross-contamination, our CBRT certified SERVPRO professionals can guarantee a quick and safe cleanup of any biohazard situation you are dealing with.
Call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime at 972-496-2441 for all of your cleanup needs!
Choose SERVPRO for All Your Cleanup Names
SERVPRO of North Garland is the first choice for fire and water restoration needs in North Garland, but there are many other services our professionals can perform to benefit both residential and commercial property owners.
Biohazard and Crime Cleanup
Exposure to harmful pathogens and chemicals can be extremely dangerous to human health. SERVPRO professionals have been specially trained in the cleanup, removal, and disposal of hazardous materials. Through the use of specialized safety equipment we can supply quick, dependable, and safe cleanup of a home or business.
Duct and HVAC Cleaning
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprits when it comes to poor air quality. In order to ensure the highest possible air quality for your family or commercial property occupants SERVPRO professionals can completely clean out your vents and HVAC system, or simply provide consistent recommendations throughout the year on the state and care of your system.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
At SERVPRO we have received special training in dealing with offensive odors that are difficult to eliminate. When dealing with difficult odors typical masking or removal attempts may work for some time, but eventually will wear off. Often times professional equipment and training is the only way to find both the source and the most effective removal method.
Call SERVPRO Today
To schedule any of these services, or to hear about the others we offer, call SERVPRO of North Garland at 972-496-2441.
Call SERVPRO for Your Mold Needs
When mold growth occurs in a home there are certain signs that will alert you to its presence. If you notice any of these signs it is important to call the mold remediation experts at SERVPRO immediately. Time is of the essence when it comes to your home and mold, so the sooner the remediation process can begin the better. Here are some mold symptoms to look out for in your home:
1) A bad smell - odor is usually the first sign you may have a problem with mold growth somewhere in your home. While it can be hard to pin down exactly what the smell is, if there are any out of place smells in your home that will not go away mold is a possible cause.
2) A water leak - if you have recently experienced a water damage, no matter how small, your home is now at risk for mold. Mold requires certain conditions in order to flourish, and moisture is one of the key components to growth. If you notice the humidity is high in your home, if you notice paint peeling, or any discoloration on the wall or ceiling, you may have a leak somewhere. A leak is always a potential source for mold, so it is important to stop any leaks as soon as you notice them.
3) Discoloration - along with signifying a leak, wall and ceiling discoloration can also indicate mold growth. Mold can grow on most organic materials, so even discoloration on the grout between your tiles can serve as an alarm for mold.
If you suspect a water damage or mold in your home please call us anytime at 972-496-2441.
SERVPRO Storm Services
Many SERVPRO crews flocked to North Carolina following Hurricane Florence to assist with the cleanup, including our own SERVPRO of North Garland professionals. Getting back to “normal” is a long process, especially for those who had their homes destroyed by flood waters. Unfortunately, this lengthy cleanup is often exacerbated by mold.
Mold requires a warm, moist environment to grow. The flood waters produced by hurricanes along with the high temperatures of hurricane season (June-November) provide the perfect climate for mold. Hurricane Florence produced an unprecedented amount of rainfall – damaging hundreds of thousands of homes. On top of dealing with water damage these home owners may also have to be concerned about hazardous mold growth.
If you ever experience a flood in your home, there are some steps you can take to protect both yourself and your home from mold.
- Protect your mouth and nose with a N-95 respirator.
- Wear gloves to tear out any drywall.
- Use eye protection.
- Open as many doors and windows as possible to encourage air flow before SERVPRO professionals can get to the scene.
- Do not paint or caulk over any visible mold, it only hides the issue from view.
- Throw away any items that cannot be saved.
The key to preventing mold from growing in your home is removing the moisture. SERVPRO crews will work as fast as possible to begin the drying process, and are prepared to handle any mold that may arise. If you experience a water damage in your house call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime at 972-496-2441.
SERVPRO Mold Mitigation Services
SERVPRO of North Garland Professionals can help provide a solution to your property’s mold damage needs.
Buildings with excessive moisture can be breeding grounds for mold growth. If your facility has experienced an ongoing moisture problem due to water intrusion, long-standing leaks, roof damage or from poor humidity control, it is important to be alert to the following factors:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problem that might indicate previous mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
Should mold be found within the facility, mold removal and remediation can help eliminate a potentially dangerous situation. SERVPRO of North Garland Professionals will arrive on-site alert for any visible signs of mold. Following industry standards for mold remediation, they will work to remove visible mold and reduce the potential for future mold growth.