Our Biohazard Cleanup Services
Bio recovery refers to the cleanup and remediation of situations dealing with biological hazards. These types of events are ones that people hope they never have to deal with, but unfortunately crimes and trauma do happen and when they do SERVPRO of North Garland can help.
We have Certified Bio Recovery Technicians (CBRTs) on our staff, who have been specially trained in the cleanup of hazardous biological agents. Regardless of the scenario, our professionals are prepared to handle it. Any blood or other potentially infectious agents will be cleaned and disinfected, while any materials unable to be disinfected (particularly porous ones such as carpet) will be collected and disposed of in specific ways to prevent cross contamination. Using specialized equipment for disinfection and protection, along with their knowledge of blood borne pathogens and potential for cross-contamination, our CBRT certified SERVPRO professionals can guarantee a quick and safe cleanup of any biohazard situation you are dealing with.
Call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime at 972-496-2441 for all of your cleanup needs!
Common Water Leaks
Water leak coming through ceiling.
Dealing with leaks in your home can be both time consuming and costly. Knowing the typical places leaks are found can aid in taking preventative measures and possibly decrease your risk. Here are the most common water leak locations:
Bathtub or Shower Seal
While bathrooms are much better equipped at dealing with moisture than other rooms, there are many times an entire bathroom remodel is required due to a simple leak. One of the typical culprits for a bathroom water damage is a leaking tub or shower due to a faulty seal. The mass amounts of water that could potentially leak from a tub may produce mold growth in the floor or even down to the sub-floor, where it can grow unnoticed for a long and dangerous amount of time.
A toilet can leak through its seal, similar to the bathtub and shower, but it can also leak internally. An internal leak will not cause damage to your home, but it may hurt your wallet when it comes time to pay your bill. A seal leak can go unnoticed for a long time around a toilet, due to their positioning in our bathrooms, and can lead to mold problems. Be on the lookout for both external and internal leaks!
Sink Pipes and Garbage Disposals
Pipes from our sink are typically located within visually appealing cabinets, but unfortunately these cabinets are often the worst type of material when it comes to leaks. Wood and particle board are great at absorbing moisture, and supply a great home and food source for mold. Since these pipes are out of sight, and usually out of mind, many leaks go unnoticed and can lead to large restoration projects. Regularly check these areas in order to prevent a smelly and frustrating disaster from happening in your cupboards.
Hot Water Heaters and Washing Machine Hoses
Age is the culprit behind these types of leaks, causing metal to rust out in heaters and cracks to occur in the hoses of washing machines. Do biannual checks (at least!) on both these areas, and replace whenever necessary, in order to prevent a flood from occurring within your home.
If you have experienced a water damage in your home, call SERVPRO of North Garland now at 972-496-2441.
Choose SERVPRO for All Your Cleanup Names
SERVPRO of North Garland is the first choice for fire and water restoration needs in North Garland, but there are many other services our professionals can perform to benefit both residential and commercial property owners.
Biohazard and Crime Cleanup
Exposure to harmful pathogens and chemicals can be extremely dangerous to human health. SERVPRO professionals have been specially trained in the cleanup, removal, and disposal of hazardous materials. Through the use of specialized safety equipment we can supply quick, dependable, and safe cleanup of a home or business.
Duct and HVAC Cleaning
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprits when it comes to poor air quality. In order to ensure the highest possible air quality for your family or commercial property occupants SERVPRO professionals can completely clean out your vents and HVAC system, or simply provide consistent recommendations throughout the year on the state and care of your system.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
At SERVPRO we have received special training in dealing with offensive odors that are difficult to eliminate. When dealing with difficult odors typical masking or removal attempts may work for some time, but eventually will wear off. Often times professional equipment and training is the only way to find both the source and the most effective removal method.
Call SERVPRO Today
To schedule any of these services, or to hear about the others we offer, call SERVPRO of North Garland at 972-496-2441.
Call SERVPRO for Your Mold Needs
When mold growth occurs in a home there are certain signs that will alert you to its presence. If you notice any of these signs it is important to call the mold remediation experts at SERVPRO immediately. Time is of the essence when it comes to your home and mold, so the sooner the remediation process can begin the better. Here are some mold symptoms to look out for in your home:
1) A bad smell - odor is usually the first sign you may have a problem with mold growth somewhere in your home. While it can be hard to pin down exactly what the smell is, if there are any out of place smells in your home that will not go away mold is a possible cause.
2) A water leak - if you have recently experienced a water damage, no matter how small, your home is now at risk for mold. Mold requires certain conditions in order to flourish, and moisture is one of the key components to growth. If you notice the humidity is high in your home, if you notice paint peeling, or any discoloration on the wall or ceiling, you may have a leak somewhere. A leak is always a potential source for mold, so it is important to stop any leaks as soon as you notice them.
3) Discoloration - along with signifying a leak, wall and ceiling discoloration can also indicate mold growth. Mold can grow on most organic materials, so even discoloration on the grout between your tiles can serve as an alarm for mold.
If you suspect a water damage or mold in your home please call us anytime at 972-496-2441.
Restoration Process For A Toilet Backup
Nobody wants to have to deal with a water damage in their home or business, but this is especially true when that water damage is a result of a toilet backing up. When things in the bathroom go awry it can be overwhelming to figure out what your first step should be, but have no fear, SERVPRO is here to help. The following steps describe both what you should do in this situation, and what the restoration process looks like.
- When a toilet starts to overflow, the best and first thing you can do to protect your home is to turn the water off.
- Try to avoid the contaminated wet area as much as possible to prevent sewage from being tracked into any other rooms.
- Call your insurance agent and SERVPRO to begin your restoration process as much as possible.
- Highly trained SERVPRO professionals will tear out anything that may have been contaminated by the toilet water, including flooring, drywall, and ceilings.
- Once all infected materials have been removed, our professional’s will disinfect the area. The disinfectant chosen depends on the job and the equipment needed to clean the space.
- Finally, our crew will put in dehumidifiers and fans to remove any excess water that remains.
If you experience a water damage at your home, especially those that are created by a toilet or sewage backup call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime at 972-496-2441.
Winter Fire Safety
Many people may not realize, but the risk for house fires increases dramatically during the winter months. As we spend more time indoors, particularly during the holidays, our activities put us at a higher risk. These activities include everything from decorating with lights, cooking, burning candles, and even heating our homes. Follow these winter activity tips to create a safer environment in your house this season:
- Place any heating device at least 3 feet away from anything combustible (paper, clothing, etc.)
- Don’t leave heaters on when you are home alone or while you sleep. They should never be unmonitored.
- Check cords for frays or breaks, and always turn off the heater if the cord or outlet begin to feel hot.
- Have chimneys inspected by a professional before use each year.
- Always make sure your smoke detectors are installed and working, but especially when you are going to be burning a fire.
- Keep any candles in sturdy containers that cannot be easily knocked over, and be sure to extinguish them before leaving the room.
- Be careful when using candles in decorations, make sure the flame isn’t too close to something that could ignite.
- Consider using battery operated candles to reduce your risk even further.
- Always unplug lights, or have them set up on a timer to automatically turn off.
- Keep trees away from heat vents and other heat sources.
- Make sure your tree stand can hold your tree securely, and that it can also hold about 3 days’ worth of water.
If you experience a fire at your home this winter call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime at 972-496-2441.
SERVPRO Services and Commercial Properties
SERVPRO is well known for the excellence service we provide across the country when disaster strikes. From floods to fires, hail storms and hurricanes, and everything in between, SERVPRO is always there and ready at a moments notice to spring into action and help anyone return their home or business back to normal. However, there are many other times, outside of disastrous situations, where SERVPRO of North Garland can be of service to your commercial property.
A clean work environment is vital to success in any business, and that’s where we come in. Along with our restoration services we also provide many beneficial deep cleaning services that can prolong the life of many aspects within a commercial property. Regular cleanings of both your carpets/floors and air duct systems can save you time and money. Especially when it comes to your HVAC system. We also provide general deep cleaning services, are specially trained in removing everything from difficult stains and bad smells to graffiti, and are licensed in biohazard cleanups.
For more information on our services please call us anytime at 972-496-2441.
Is Your Roof Storm Ready?
When it comes to our homes, and even commercial properties, our roofs are the first line of defense against storms. While spring is when severe storms are most likely to occur in North Texas, the long and cold rainy days we have during the winter often result in water damages when they penetrate through a roof that was not repaired after a heavy storm season earlier in the year.
In order to ensure your roof is ready for anything the weather may bring you should check for damage regularly. Missing shingles, signs of small leaks, or mold damage are some of the things you yourself can check for regularly, especially following a hard storm or consecutive bad weather days. If you suspect there may be any type of problem with your roof, you should call in roofing professionals that can give you a complete assessment. When the weather gets bad the last thing you want to worry about is whether or not your roof can hold up against a storm, so try to do regular inspections throughout the year and at least one professional assessment per year in order to protect your home.
If you have a water damage due to a roof leak at your home or business, call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime at 972-496-2441. Our team can be onsite quickly to begin the restoration process as soon as possible.
Quick Mold Facts
Mold spores are all around us always, but when presented with the right conditions mold can quickly turn into a disaster within your own home. That is why it pays to know as much about mold growth as possible. That way, if mold ever becomes an issue within your home you will recognize it quickly, and hopefully be able to put a stop to it before it causes extensive damage.
- There are over 10,000 species of mold.
- Only about 5 species are commonly found in homes.
- Mold’s purpose in our environment is to decompose organic matter, which is why mold loves growing in our homes (drywall, wood, fabric, insulation materials, etc.).
- Mold growth can signal an unknown water damage.
- Homeowner’s insurance may not cover mold damage, be sure to check in with your agent about what your policy covers before you have a mold problem.
- Mold restoration damage in homes around the United States costs approximately 73 billion dollars a year.
- Mold remediation services that we provide here at SERVPRO of North Garland are the only way to guarantee mold growth has been completely removed from your home.
If you suspect mold in your home call SERVPRO of North Garland now at 972-496-2441.
Act Fast for Water Damages
North Texas is expected to have an extremely wet and cold fall, and the last few days have been proving that prediction to be true. When an increase in the amount of rainfall is expected you can assume that there will also be a rise in water damages, especially when you add in possible low temperatures. Water heaters break, pipes burst, and rain causes some very unwanted flooding. If you experience a water damage in your home of business know that time is of the essence when it comes to the restoration process. Within just 24 hours mold can begin to grow, so ridding an area of moisture as soon as possible is vital in preventing further damage to your property.
- After noticing a water damage turn off the source to the water (if applicable).
- Call your insurance to submit a claim.
- Call SERVPRO of North Garland at 972-496-2441.
Acting sooner rather than later can save you time and money, so call SERVPRO of North Garland anytime for all of your restoration needs.